Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Oaks of Righteousness

Well, today I was reading these verses that I just love I got a new picture.
Please excuse the drawing, inkscape is hard for me to maneuver, ha ha=) (and the middle plant I found, I didn't draw)
Who among you is wise and understanding?
Let him show by his good behavior, his deeds, in the gentleness of wisdom.
But if you have bitter jealously and selfish ambition in your hearts. Do not be arrogant and so lie against the truth. 
This wisdom is not that which comes down from above, but is earthly, natural, demonic.
For where jealousy and selfish ambition exist, there is disorder and every evil thing.
But the wisdom from heaven is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable (or willing to yield), full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy.
And the seed whose fruit is righteousness is sown in peace by those who make peace.
James 3: 13-18

Take a moment to visualize (well if you are a visual learner- ha ha).[ I have found that I have an EXTREMELY difficult time remembering someone's message if they don't tell a story that I can watch as they speak. It could be one of the most amazing sermons ever, but I remember the ones with a visual context.]
Visualize what it looks like to speak with purity and gentleness and willing to yield. Picture what it is like to speak from bitterness, jealously and selfish ambition. If you have spoken from these things... repent(turn) and move forward into Love. Repentance is one of the greatest gifts we have been given with Jesus! True conviction from Holy Spirit leads to hope and life, if you are feeling condemned for something, that my friends is NOT Jesus, Father God, or Holy Spirit!!!!!!! (Who are One God - Elohim - the plurality of Majesty- who created the world - but different facets). Ok, sorry, tangent=) 
Ha ha, so we are visualizing...
Seriously, take a moment to read the verses again, Holy Spirit will you give us further understanding and revelation about what this means...
Thank You Lord! 

There is a group that begun over a year ago, The Oak Initiative, to awaken the Church and raise up the oaks of righteousness.
They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor. Isaiah 61:3 
Could it be, that to be these oaks of righteousness that are being raised up to display the LORD's splendor, we must walk in the principles outlined in James above? My hearts desire, God help me, I need Your grace, is to walk in wisdom from heaven with purity, peace, gentleness... Father, give us revelation, and help us walk in this place in Jesus' name.
Let it be so!(Amen)



No comments:

Post a Comment