Friday, February 25, 2011

Evidence of God

While making campaign phone calls for Wendy Petzel (that didn't win this time around) I had several people hang up on me. After-wards, I would say out loud I forgive you I forgive you I forgive. Trying very hard not to take it personal and mean it=)
Right after a hang up a woman said something to me very rudely before hanging up the phone, and I actually managed to say "I forgive you" before I heard the click.
I got off the phone and cried, tears and all, as I continued to say "I forgive you, I forgive you, I forgive you." I skyped (called with a camera) my Beloved and he said, " Remember hurting people, hurt people. I said, "I know, I know, but it is hard because I don't know how she is hurting." He told me to take a break, but I kept calling until I reached my skype limit. No more hang-ups, only voice mail, sometimes I am very grateful for the voicemail=)
Then, I am doing my dishes later and I heard a question in my spirit.
Why is your heart sad when people say something mean? I am not sure.
Why is your heart glad when people are kind? Hhmmmm...
The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control...
When someone is speaking with kindness towards me, they are joining with Holy Spirit. It is evidence to a work He is doing in their life. Even if they know Holy Spirit or not.
When someone is speaking from meanness, or bitterness, it is evidence of a different spirit they are partnering with.
When this revelation hit me I began to have compassion for the woman that I called and I prayed for her with a sincere heart that her heart would be healed so she could love like she has never been hurt. I love this woman that spoke with me on the phone. I can tell you after the 1 liner spoken to me I didn't really want to love her. But God answered my prayer for His perspective and now I can see her differently. Thank You Abba.

No comments:

Post a Comment